Favorite Maternity Clothing Finds
Now that my maternity clothes are almost ready to be put up for a while and I will not be buying one more thing this time around, I thought it would be good to give you all the details on what worked for me and what I got the most good out of during my pregnancy. I didn't go overboard with maternity clothes, I tried to wear stuff I had for as long as possible, but once my stomach felt like it was being cut in half, I decided it was time! haha
1. A good pair of Jeans. I honestly just rotated between 2 pairs my entire pregnancy. One pair was dark and had a full belly band and the other pair was distressed and lighter with a below the belly waist (it is called an inset panel). I would recommend everyone giving themselves these two options. My friend, Taylor suggested the below the belly pair and i'm so glad I did. With it being summer, sometimes the extra layer of the belly band felt like too much. Also, the bigger you get, sometimes the band isn't as comfortable as it was before. I bought my below the belly jeans from target for 35.00 (but are now on sale for 25.00! I feel like the target brand runs kind of big, so I would try them on in the store. I wore a size small and they fell off me until recently. You can get them HERE! The other pair I got was a pair my mom found me at Goodwill, believe it or not! They are actually a really expensive brand and cost WAY more than I would have paid for maternity jeans...so that was a real steal! My suggestion is to get a really stretchy, jegging like material in a really dark wash. They have been really nice to have for times when I wanted to dress up an outfit and didn't really want to wear a dress.
2. Knit maxi dresses. I am huge fan of the Maxi dress anyway, and the few that I have bought while I have been pregnant have not been maternity. I have just been buying stretchy material, so I can wear them post baby. Maxi dresses are nice for maternity, especially closer to the end when its harder to cross your legs, you have super pale legs, and you have a harder time shaving your legs! haha I buy all of my maxi dresses from TJ Maxx or Marshals. You can get great quality items for a lot cheaper that places like Pink Blush. I think the most I spent on a dress during my pregnancy is 29.00, and on top of that, it didn't feel wasteful because they will all be worn again! Another great thing is that if you buy knit, you don't even have to size up! I bought my pre-pregnancy size in every dress.
3. The Belly Bandit. It was kind of an investment, but one of the best things I have bought while being pregnant, especially a summer pregnancy. Honestly hour: I have never worn shape wear...and I didn't really get this for that purpose. At 30 weeks preggo, Logan and I went to a summer festival in AA and we walked a TON! I had a dress on and I was sweating and exhausted. Well all that sweat caused really bad chaffing between my legs (insert annoyed face)...but my legs rub together, especially with an extra 20+ pounds on my body and my new and improved meaty thighs. haha Anyway...this thing has saved my life. I am so glad I got it, and it has made wearing dresses in the heat a lot more comfortable. Especially if you are doing a lot of walking or if you sweat a lot. Both of which I seem to do. Also: if your belly needs the extra support, this definitely will give you that too.
4. Old Navy Maternity Full-Panel Go-Dry Compression Capris These are honestly my favorite buy from my entire pregnancy. I bought 3 pairs and pretty much just wear them every day and wash them when I run out. I realize not everyone would need this many pairs, but I taught workout classes all the way until 35 weeks pregnant, so I needed a few good pairs. I wasn't willing to spend a butt load of money and these are thick and a good workout material! They are also really affordable and almost always on sale! They were a little big when my belly wasn't very round, but I am glad I could grow into them a little. They support baby pretty well too! I give them an A+!
5. I bought 3 workout tops and 3 maternity t-shirts from Gap Maternity. I LOVE my workout tops! They are great quality and super soft! Not only that, Gap has huge sales all the time, you can get them on sale + 40% off if you are patient. I got every one of the shirts I bought well under 10.00! I have rotated those yoga pants and these shirts more times then I would like to admit, but I am so thankful I invested a little money into some comfy clothes. Especially since I spend so much time in workout attire. I bought this shirt in three colors and love it! This was my favorite workout tank! I honestly think you can't go wrong with Gap Maternity, like I said, just wait for the good sales!
6. Lastly, on the clothes! Motherhood of maternity has bomb.com sales ALL of the dang time! They regularly have and extra 30-40% off sale items, which makes most of the clothes less than 10.00 a piece. The final few things I bought were a few shirts from a sale. These were my dressy shirts that I wear when I don't feel like wearing a dress. I bought 5-6 tops and called it a day! There are still a few things I can wear from pre-pregnancy, and I thought I would able to get away with it the whole time, but honestly maternity clothes are just made differently and fit the belly better. So, I'm glad I broke down and bought a few things to make me feel a little more comfortable.
Other than these items, I did't feel the need to buy anything. I hope this helps everyone, either now or in the future! It was a little hard at first to know when I would need maternity clothes or if I would break down and buy them at all...but I am so glad I got a few things. It made me feel pretty throughout the pregnancy to have clothes that fit well and made me feel good! Here's to hoping I don't need them much longer!! haha